dLocal can help merchants deal with the complexity of mandate management in India for recurring payments.
This documentation will explain how to create a mandate (subscription), and how to charge users on a recurring basis, with variable amounts.
- The user initiates the subscription registration on the merchant's site.
- The merchant triggers the Create a subscription method in dLocal’s API, including information such as subscription frequency, and start/end date.
- dLocal will respond with a URL which the merchant will use to redirect the user to dLocal’s hosted payment page.
- There, the user will select the payment method, and complete the authentication process with the issuer.
- Once the issuer approved the authentication, the merchant will receive a confirmation via API, alongside a
Go to Create a subscription.
- The merchant is required to trigger the pre-notification (aka pre-debit notification) 24 hours prior to the payment due date through dLocal’s API, specifying the amount to charge (up to 5k INR). dLocal will return an asynchronously ACK message while the issuer confirms the pre-notification.
- Once the issuer confirms the pre-notification, dLocal will notify the merchant via API.
- 24 hours later, dLocal will automatically trigger the charge (aka mandate execution).
- Once the charge is successful, dLocal will notify the merchant via API.
Go to Recurring payments.
- In case the charge is rejected, the merchant has the option to retry the payments via dLocal’s API, without performing the pre-notification again. dLocal will return an asynchronously ACK message while the issuer confirms the charge.
- Once the issuer confirms the charge, dLocal will notify the merchant via API.
Go to Retry payments
Updated 7 months ago